London Internship Program Summer
Spend your summer getting real world work experience in one of the most vibrant and multicultural world capitals. We have a wide range of placement opportunities - nearly whatever you're looking for you'll find in London.
In addition to working three days per week at your placement, you will also take a course at the Arcadia London Center aimed at providing a framework for reflection and a research project related to your internship.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 13 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.
London Internship Program, Summer
Imagine earning academic credit while working side-by-side with British professionals in one of the most exciting multicultural world capitals! Our London Summer Internship will provide you with the opportunity to complete practical fieldwork while becoming fully immersed in the professional and cultural life of Great Britain.
There are three integral components to the program.
- Four day per week internship placement that our experienced intern coordinators will find to fit your own academic and professional objectives. You can expect to participate in significant projects that require resourcefulness, responsibility, and a mature work ethic.
- An academic course on Working in the UK and EU which will put your internship into an academic context.
- An academic project based on independent research and your workplace experience. This project is expected to be no fewer than 5,000 words (20-30 pages), and will be directed and assessed by your academic supervisor. In the final week of the program, you will present and defend your project in an oral examination.
Download our e-catalog App | View Summer e-catalog
The Arcadia Advantage
An Arcadia program isn't just about enrolling you in an overseas institution however. It's about all of the services that we provide. Before you go, you can contact our program manager for advice on the application process, choosing courses, or simply what you should pack. Once you arrive, our resident director will lead an orientation program in London that will introduce you to the culture, history and politics of England
as well as prepare you for the academic challenges of studying in a different educational system.
Summer Term: March 1
Summer Term: 6 credits
450 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038-3295
© 2014 Arcadia University.