Programs : Brochure
- Program Terms: Fall Semester, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Winter Break
- Restrictions: Non-Augsburg applicants only
- Dates / Deadlines
Augsburg University has established the Lois A. Swenson Endowed Scholarship to assist one or more seminary students to participate in the Augsburg Center for Global Education and Experience programs. It was the intent of Lois A. Swenson (the Donor), of Minneapolis, Minnesota, as expressed on her last will and testament, to give, devise, and bequeath to the Augsburg Center for Global Education and Experience funds from her estate to establish and fund a permanent endowment to assist seminary students to participate in the Augsburg Center for Global Education and Experience programs. The Donor stated, "My experience living in Central America opened my eyes to the real world and changed my life. I would like to provide similar experiences to seminary students who will be in a position to further educate people."
Recipient(s) of the Lois A. Swenson Endowed Scholarship are required to be seminary students and participating on an Augsburg Center for Global Education and Experience program. Seminary students shall apply for this scholarship separately from any application to the travel program itself, and may apply as an individual or as a group.
1. Should apply by the scholarship deadline PRIOR to the start of your program.
2. A letter of support needs to be submitted prior to the scholarship deadline for your application to be complete.
3. Will be expected to contribute a portion of the total cost of the trip.
4. Will share their experiences with CGEE in the form of a written summary within 30 days of date of return. We also encourage scholarship recipients to share 3-5 photographs from the seminar with CGEE to accompany their summary. The summary and photographs may be used as content for our blog or in other promotional materials.
Dates & Deadlines
We award this scholarship four times per year, please apply BEFORE your program begins:
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: For short-term custom trips occurring September, October, November and Fall Semester Abroad Programs.|
|NOTE: For Spring Semester Abroad Programs|
|NOTE: For short-term customized programs occurring in December, January, February.|
|Spring Break||2019||11/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.