You'd be hard pressed to find a location so different from home in terms of culture, heritage, and sheer scale. That's what makes Hyderabad a fascinating place to study. Explore every aspect of Indian life in a diverse, cosmopolitan city. Choose from classes specially designed for international students, as well as a vast selection of direct-enroll options at an award-winning university. Complete your adventure with plenty of eye-opening travel and exploration.
LEARN TRADITIONAL INDIAN ARTS
like Kathak dance, intricate Henna design, Tabla (percussion), and Yoga.
at an award-winning university that offers an array of interesting courses.
LIVE WITH AN
Indian host family or on campus with an international exchange student.
Excursions & Activities
- Fall: Visit Varanasi, the holiest of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism and Jainism, with a key role in the development of Buddhism.
- Spring: Visit Visakhapatnam – Jewel of the East Coast – in Andhra Pradesh. Visit Bora Caves and Araku Valley or Hampi, Anegundi, or Badami.
Relish unique sights and sounds all over Hyderabad.
- Explore Buddhist, Jain, and Hindu temples.
- Visit the folk goddess temple, Peddamma, and see the biggest Ganesha idol in Hyderabad.
- Practice Yoga on campus daily – it doesn't get any more authentic!
- Celebrate annual festivals with colorful decorations and kites.
- Visit special places like Mysore, Byllakuppe, Melkote, Badami, and Karnataka.
Volunteering. Give two hours a week, and get back much more. Build school gardens, tutor orphaned boys, teach English and self-esteem to girls, design marketing material and/or websites for NGO's, or develop interventions for minority communities.
Language tutoring. Students who take language courses can pair up with Indian university students for support getting involved on campus.
Independent study. Investigate the textile industry, modern religion, the impact of climate change, marginalized communities, or another intriguing topic with a faculty advisor from the Study in India Program (SIP).
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Indian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
CIEE Art and Sciences Program in Hyderabad, India
Spiritual, beautiful, and home to some 1.2 billion people, the vibrancy and sheer scale of India is peerless. And with CIEE study abroad in Hyderabad, it’s yours to discover.
Combining a robust curriculum with genuine intercultural experiences, you’ll earn credit towards your major/minor while exploring the cultural and economic significance of the largest democracy on earth. Situated at the gateway between northern and southern India, Hyderabad’s location give you fascinating insight into the linguistic, culinary, political, religious, and cultural diversity of the region.
Study abroad in Hyderabad and you will:
- Choose from an extensive course options with unique courses for students majoring in the following areas: English Literature, Political Science, South Asian History, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Sociology, and the Visual Arts. There are notable options for students needing coursework in Biology and Biochemistry
- Learn traditional Indian music instrumental play, vocal dance and Henna Designs through classes conducted by experts. Student can also learn the basics of Indian culinary practice.
- Visit ancient mosques, temples, religious centers, and Golconda Fort; participate in required group excursions to expand students’ understanding of India
- Enjoy Yoga classes and local certification at the yoga center right on campus
- Partake in the Hindi, Telugu, Urdu or Sanskrit language peer tutor program
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2020||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||12/28/2019||05/05/2020|
|Fall Semester||2020||03/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.