As the European Union capital, Brussels draws an impressive number of diplomats and international institutions – and a deepening array of cultures. This summer, grab a front row seat to examine the political and economic issues of the day, in one of the region's most lively and beautiful cities.
CHOOSE FROM COURSES TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
in business, communications, and international relations, and a for-credit internship.
LEARN ON THE GO
with day trips to Bruges or Ghent, Namur or Liège, and the Ardennes area.
LIVE IN A REMARKABLY DIVERSE CITY
where English is widely spoken.
Excursions & Activities
See more of the region with day trips to Bruges, Dinant, or Namur.
Explore favorites like Brussels Museum of Fine Arts and one of Belgium's celebrated chocolate factories.
Internships. Get credit and on-the-job experience with an unpaid internship through Vesalius College. Internships are competitive and proficiency in a second language is not required. Details are finalized upon acceptance into the program and a consequential interview with the internship provider.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Belgian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
CIEE Summer Business, Communications, and Culture in Brussels, Belgium
As a center of international finance and politics and the home to stunning architecture, a vibrant arts scene, and vast cross-section of cultures, Brussels is as fascinating a city as it is beautiful. And given its resources, it’s also the perfect site to spend your summer, examining the relationship between business, politics and the rapidly changing face of new media and communication.
Through language study, cultural excursions and internships with local and international organizations, you’ll deepen your understanding not only of the field of communications, but its European society and culture.
Study abroad in Brussels and you will:
- Choose from courses in business, communications, and international relations taught in English; undertake a for-credit internship
- Immerse yourself in Belgian and European culture and society through day excursions to places such as Bruges and the caves of Han; educational activities such as attending French films and visiting local museums; and an excursion to another country, such as France, the Netherlands, or Germany
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||03/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||05/29/2020||07/21/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.