Programming During COVID-19
CGEE Programming updates. Jump to:
- In-Person Augsburg CGEE Semester Programs Cancelled - Spring 2021
- Safety and Security for In-Person Augsburg CGEE-Run Programs During COVID-19
- Individual Online Courses
- Online Courses with the Playwrights’ Center
- Customized International Programs
- Additional Contacts at CGEE
- Study Abroad/Away Update for Augsburg Students | Spring 2021
- Previous Coronavirus Statements
In-Person Augsburg CGEE Semester Programs Cancelled – Spring 2021
While we had hoped earlier that we would be able to return to in-person programming for spring, we have had to make the difficult decision to cancel all of Augsburg CGEE-run semester programs in Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Cuba, Namibia, and South Africa. These cancelled programs are as follows:
- Liberal Arts, Language and Social Change (Mexico)
- Migration, Globalization and the Environment (Mexico)
- Nation Building and Decolonizing the Mind (Namibia & South Africa)
- Peace, Justice, and Community Engagement (Costa Rica, Cuba, and Guatemala)
- Social Work in a Latin American Context (Mexico)
Individual Online Courses
To meet the continuing need for international experiential education during COVID-19, CGEE is offering a large and diverse suite of online courses in 2020–21. Topics include intercultural communication, theories of social change, global frameworks on gender and politics, comparisons of U.S. and South African civil rights movements, and much, much more.
Students taking these courses will participate in interviews and live discussions with prominent local change makers and movement leaders. Learning will occur within a context of critical analysis and both group and individual reflection.
See CGEE’s Online Experiential Learning page for the courses available.
Online Courses with the Playwrights’ Center
Fall 2020 marks the launch of a groundbreaking partnership between Minneapolis’ Playwrights’ Center (PWC), the Augsburg Theater Department, and CGEE to deliver online courses in playwriting and other mediums. PWC is one of the nation’s most renowned theater organizations, and courses will be taught by leading playwrights from around the country.
See our Playwrights’ Center Courses page for more information, including how to apply.
Customized International Programs
CGEE continues to plan, and accept proposals for, short-term customized programs in December 2020 and beyond with partner colleges and universities and other external institutions. Programs that are still going forward or are currently being developed comprise all CGEE locations—Mexico, Central America, Cuba, Colombia, Southern Africa, Italy, and Palestine.
See the CGEE Customized Programs page for more information, or contact our director of customized programs, Peggy Johnson (email@example.com).
If you have any questions, please contact our CGEE Risk Manager, Margaret Anderson, at the following number: +1 612-330-1685.
Additional Contacts at CGEETo manage the spread of COVID-19, Augsburg University's physical campus has reduced operations to meet federal, state, and local guidelines for social distancing. But CGEE staff are available and ready to talk with students or advisors virtually! Many staff members can meet by phone or online via Zoom. If you would like to be connected to a CGEE staff member, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement from May 1, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement from March 19, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement from March 13, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement from March 10, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement from March 2, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement from February 28, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement from February 4, 2020
Return to list