You have been accepted to a study abroad program - now the hard part - waiting to go! Here are some things to keep in mind in between being accepted to a program and leaving.
PassportsIf you already have a passport, check the expiration date. Many study abroad programs require you to have a passport that is valid six months past your anticipated return date.
- US citizens: apply for a passport
- Are you an undocumented or DACA student/or otherwise not eligible for a US passport? Make an appointment with Ruby or Andrea.
- If you are at Augsburg University on a J-1 or F-1 international student visa, please check in with Jim in the ISSS office if you plan to study abroad.
VisasAsk your program provider:
- How do I know if I need a visa?
- If I need a visa, is it my responsibility to organize it and cover the costs involved?
- What is involved in obtaining a visa? What kind of documentation do I need?
FlightsDo you need to organize a flight to your destination?
For all programs (besides faculty-led short term), students are responsible for organizing their own travel to and from their host country. It is recommended that this is done once the student’s passport and visa requirements have been fulfilled. Once you have booked your travel plans, be sure to input the information into your application under “questionnaires”
Looking for affordable flights? Check out Skyscanner: Cheap Flight Search