CGEE For Families and Friends
Dear Families and Friends:
We are honored that you have entrusted your student to travel with us during coming semester! I feel certain there are many questions and concerns that may be coming up as your student begins to prepare for the program. I want to take this opportunity to anticipate some questions you may have and to respond as best I can. Please refer to the information below (listed by region) for more details about student accommodations during the program, safety, health, and contact information, etc.
Feel free to contact me at any time if there is anything I can do to be of assistance.
Manager, CGEE Semester/Summer and Exchange Programs
Program Information for Families and Friends
- Mexico Programs
- Summer 2018
- Fall 2018
- Namibia Programs - Fall 2018
- Central America Programs - Fall 2018
FinancesFor any non-Augsburg student on an Augsburg CGEE Semester or Summer Program in Central America, Mexico, and Southern Africa
Semester programs abroad billed program fees include tuition, full room and board, course-related excursions and insurance. Additional expenses include travel to/from the program site, personal spending money, and housing/food on scheduled breaks.
You should check with your student’s home school regarding which portions of his/her financial aid is made available for study abroad. A cost estimate may be required to account for any additional expenses related to studying abroad, and may result in a revised financial aid award.
Also ask about billing procedures. They will probably follow one of these options:
- The home school pays the entire program fee and bills the student account per usual
- The home school will pay the tuition and bill the student for this, and the student is responsible for paying CGEE the room and board expenses
- The home school will transfer financial aid to CGEE and the student/family pays any balance above and beyond
- The home school is not involved, billing and payment occurs between CGEE and the student/family
Additional Policy Information
- Admission: complete application form, provide transcript and signed approval from study abroad office at home school. Rolling admissions, students are admitted as soon as all application materials are complete.
- Deposit: $350 to secure space in program, not refundable unless program is canceled.
- Payment of fees: all fees due by the date listed in the program materials, with the exception of anticipated financial aid which is disbursed at a later date.
- Transcripts: credit is transferred via Augsburg College transcript.
Other Useful Information
- Health & Medical Information
- EIIA Insurance (our insurance provider)
- Summary of Benefits
- Travel Information
- Program manuals – our staff dedicate many hours updating the program manuals each semester, which include detailed information about each program, including schedules, recommended vaccinations, information about our site and staff, and more. All accepted students are emailed a copy of this directly, in addition to being on the web for public use.