Double-dip in business and language learning in the heart of Spain’s industrial south. With a location that makes it easy to learn about economics and management in Spain, the European Union, and even North Africa, sunny Seville is warm, welcoming, and brimming with well-preserved history. Intriguing courses, homestays, internships, and cultural exploration complete your international adventure.
INTERN WITH A SPANISH COMPANY
to get valuable work experience and school credit.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
at their Seville home – the ultimate way to absorb as much language and culture as you can.
GET A TASTE OF NORTH AFRICA
and its business practices with a three-day guided visit to Morocco.
Excursions & Activities
- Take day trips to Córdoba, Cádiz, Aracena, and Carmona.
- Get a taste of North Africa, with a three-day guided visit to Morocco. See the sites, visit a factory, and converse with business students from the Ecole Nationale de Commerce et de Gestion in Tangiers.
- Get to know Spanish students by signing up for an intercambio: a language exchange partner.
- Join in flamenco lessons, check out Seville’s alternative cinemas, or take a cooking class and learn how to cook traditional Spanish cuisine. New activities are always being offered.
- Socialize with Spanish peers while practicing what you’re learning in class with the Global Discussion initiative.
- Visit local Spanish companies with your business classes.
- Intern with a Spanish company. Help improve logistics and customer relations, build finance reports in Excel, analyze competitors, develop marketing plans, audit local Andalusian companies and more.
- Connect with Sevillanos through volunteer work. Help a minority group or women’s organization. Volunteer to tutor English at a local grade school or high school.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
CIEE Business and Society Program in Seville, Spain
Study abroad in Seville and advance your Spanish language skills while developing a thorough understanding of economic and business management practices in Spain and the EU.
Through intensive language training, homestays, company visits, internship opportunities and a host of coursework in economics, finance, marketing, and management, study abroad in Seville offers you truly unique international perspective, and professional experience.
In Seville you will:
- Visit companies focused on business in Spain and the EU; intern for credit—gain practical experience in a non-American business environment
- Explore sites of cultural importance in and around Seville and Spain on CIEE excursions, cultural and educational activities, and a three day field trip to Morocco
- Take advantage of the CIEE writing center and tutorials, lecture series, and workshops
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2020||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||01/15/2020||05/08/2020|
|Fall Semester||2020||03/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2020-2021||03/15/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.