Take your Spanish language skills to the next level while studying economics and business management and/or gaining real-world work experience with an internship. Choose from coursework in English at CIEE Seville and our partner institutions, University of Seville and University of Pablo de Olavide (UPO). Business and Society courses are held at the University of Seville School of Economics and Business, just a quick walk from CIEE Seville, which is located in the heart of Seville, close to the Royal Alcazar palace. Prior to starting classes, students take a two-week Spanish language course based on their appropriate skill level and agree to speak only Spanish to facilitate language and cultural acquisition. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
INTERN WITH A SPANISH COMPANY
to get valuable work experience and school credit.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
at their Seville home – the ultimate way to absorb as much language and culture as you can.
EXPLORE AND DISCOVER
some of the most beautiful cities in Andalucia through our excursions to cities like Cadiz, Malaga, Cordoba, Jerez, etc.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Spanish students by signing up for an intercambio: a language exchange partner.
- Socialize with Spanish peers while practicing what you’re learning in class with the Global Discussion initiative.
- Visit local Spanish companies with your business classes.
- Join in flamenco lessons, take a bike tour, participate in language exchanges with Spanish university students, practice new sports in the Guadalquivir river, and more, with new local friends. New activities are offered all the time throughout the semester.
- Get an insider’s view of iconic places like Parque de María Luisa, Plaza de España, Catedral de Sevilla, Archivo de Indias, Hospital de los Venerables Sacerdotes, and many more amazing locations spread all around the city.
- Participate in excursions to other Spanish cities in the region of Andalucía. In the past, students have travelled to cities such as Córdoba, Cádiz, Malaga, Jerez, etc.
- Explore and step back centuries in time with a tour of Roman ruins in Italica or the medieval city of Carmona.
- Intern with a Spanish company. Help improve logistics and customer relations, build finance reports in Excel, analyze competitors, develop marketing plans, audit local Andalusian companies and more.
- Connect with Sevillanos through volunteer work. Help a minority group or women’s organization. Volunteer to tutor English at a local grade school or high school.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2021||10/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||01/13/2021||05/07/2021|
|Fall Semester||2021||03/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.