Bring your film production, screenwriting, or film studies experience to Prague and become part of its rich filmmaking tradition that includes Miloš Forman, Agnieszka Holland, Emir Kusturica, and Jan Sverák. Whether your focus is in production or screenwriting, you’ll choose from specially designed CIEE film courses and electives at the Prague Film and Television School of the Academy of Performing Arts (FAMU), one of the preeminent film schools in Central Europe. Classes are in English and include a two-week intensive Czech language course to facilitate cultural immersion. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
with American and international film students at the preeminent Prague Film and Television School of the Academy of the Performing Arts (FAMU).
to shoot, direct, or write with mentoring from European film professionals.
from visits to Prague Barrandov film studios, and guest lectures by European directors, producers, cinematographers, and screenwriters.
Excursions & Activities
- Get an inside look at Barrandov Film Studios – Hollywood of the East.
- Travel overnight to visit a film school or attend an international student film festival.
- Make your visit official by traversing the Charles Bridge, which was constructed to cross the Vltava River in 1357.
- Learn from industry experts.
- Practice your language skills with weekly activities organized by CIEE around the neighborhood, including cooking events, film nights, various events, and museum visits.
- Live in Prague like a Czech student, with a Czech flat buddy to show you around and explain local customs.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Czech culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2021||10/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||01/12/2021||05/08/2021|
|Fall Semester||2021||03/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.