Soak up magnificent art and architecture from every period while you learn introductory Czech language, as well as the history and culture of this beautiful city. Eye-opening cultural activities and guided tours add color and context to coursework, making your summer trip to Prague one you’ll treasure forever.
GET A NEW PERSPECTIVE
on Central European issues with one, two, or three four-week sessions.
LIVE IN PRAGUE
like a Czech student, with a Czech flat buddy to show you around and explain local customs.
HEAD TO CLASS
amidst a fairy-tale castle and hundreds of church spires.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore more of the region with two excursions – one day trip and one overnight trip. Destinations change annually, and have included
- Terezín, former Jewish ghetto and Nazi labor camp.
- Sychrov, home of a beautiful neo-Gothic castle and famous gothic fortress built in Roman times.
- Litomerice, where the Ploskovice castle and historical structures date back to the 13th century.
- Karlovy Vary, a noted spa town.
- Plzen, home of Europe’s second largest synagogue, the Victims of Evil monument, and the George Patton Museum.
- Get an insider’s view of Prague with the help of your Flat Buddy, a Charles University student who will teach you cultural norms and introduce you to Czech culture.
- Make your visit official by traversing the Charles Bridge, constructed to cross the Vltava River in 1357.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Czech culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
CIEE Summer Central European Studies in Prague, Czech Republic
Staggering architecture, rich cultural history, a turbulent past and exciting future – Prague is as fascinating a city as it is beautiful. Spend your summer exploring the rich cultural and social heritage of Prague, the Czech Republic, and Central Europe through the exploration of its art and architectural roots, local societies, and dynamic history.
Study abroad in Prague and you’ll have access to coursework, cultural excursions, activities and flat buddies that give you the opportunity to make the city your own.
In Prague you will:
- Spend your summer in one of Europe’s most exciting cities and learn about a variety of Central European issues and Czech perspectives
- Participate in experiential activities linked with coursework
- Explore the city and study in one or two three-week sessions
- Live with local students in an apartment in one of Prague’s authentic neighborhoods; get help acclimating to the city through CIEE Flat Buddies—local Charles University or FAMU students; partake in cultural activities and day/weekend excursions that augment class material
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||03/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||05/18/2020||08/09/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.