Do you dream of building your career in the corporate world? Expand your ability to analyze international business from a European perspective, gaining hands-on experience from business cases and professionals.
IS THIS PROGRAM FOR YOU?
- Boost your resumé by consulting with businesses and presenting solutions on real-life cases
- Learn how best to articulate your enhanced cross-cultural leadership skills with DIS career workshops on international internships, resume building, and interviewing skills; as well as network with local professionals at the DIS Career Night
- Travel with DIS faculty on course-integrated Study Tours to meet with leaders and decision makers in key business clusters, using their insights to build your projects
It’s a good fit if you study:
European Business Strategy: Case Studies
Fall/Spring, 3 Credits
This course is aimed at students looking to understand the European business environment, in order to learn about European business strategies and how businesses are impacted by their local business environment. The course provides you with a unique hands-on learning experience working in teams to complete and present a comprehensive research project associated with a sponsor company.
Week-Long Study Tour (Preference of): Helsinki-Riga or London or Berlin-Prague
Visit our website for a full list of over 250 additional elective courses!
Core Course Week: Study tour to Western Denmark + a two-day seminar in Copenhagen
Prerequisites: One microeconomics course, and one course in either macroeconomics or business at university level.
Special Note for Auggies:
DIS applications are processed on a rolling basis, and they often reach capacity before published deadlines. In addition, some core courses fill up faster than others. So in order to have a strong application and the best chance of being offered a place on their program, and taking the core course you want, we suggest the following:
1. Apply early!
2. Submit a high quality application with an outstanding personal essay that addresses all of the points requested
3. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements below, especially the 3.0 GPA
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at a four-year college or university in the United States or Canada, with at least three semesters completed at time of application
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Prerequisites for the core course(s) to which you are applying
- Academically compelling reason why DIS is a good fit for you
- Independence, self-reliance, and maturity necessary to obtain the benefits of studying abroad
- Enthusiasm for cultural engagement
- Willingness and ability to embrace the challenges of studying abroad
The Upper Midwest Rebild Scholarship Corporation offers $1,000-$3,000 scholarships for students studying abroad in Denmark!
Spring semester applications are Due by November 1.
Application and details available at www.umrsc.org