Location: Athens, Greece
Located in Athens, and originally founded in 1875 Smyrna, DEREE - The American College of Greece is the oldest American accredited college in Europe and the largest private institution in Greece. ACG is an independent, coeducational community of a talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, with a commitment to exceptional undergraduate instruction.
Situated on the breathtaking hillside of Hymettus Mountain at the edge of Athens, the 64-acre campus is the ideal setting for studying in Greece: modern classrooms, the ACG Library, with extensive print, online and audio-visual resources, and the College’s athletic facilities, including the FIFA designed soccer field, the Olympic-sized swimming pool, indoor and outdoor courts and fitness and exercise studios. The American College of Greece offers more than 1,000 courses each academic year.
The college residence complex is located within walking distance from campus in the leafy suburb of Aghia Paraskevi.
- 64-acre main campus in Athens suburb of Aghia Paraskevi; ALBA Graduate Business School downtown campus
- 20 undergraduate majors; 33 minors; 17 graduate degree programs
- 3,000 graduate and undergraduate students
- Student/faculty ratio: 17/1
- Over 350 international students from 56 countries
- Over 37,000 alumni
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Undergraduate programs validated by the Open University, UK
- Over €3 million in scholarships and financial aid
Courses Previously ApprovedPrevious Augsburg students who studied at AGC had the following courses approved:
Analysis and Design of Info Systems
Anthropology in Greece Today
Developmental Psych-Preschool Years
History of Ancient Greece
History of Western Music
International Economic Development
Modern Greek IV
Modern Greek I
Myth in the Ancient Greek and Roman Worlds
Principles of Chemistry
Housing and Residential Services
The comprehensive fee per semester ranges from $4,945 to $5,965, depending upon accommodations (double room, single room, single studio). This includes housing, three excursions, visa assistance and airport pickup.Student is responsible for food (a fully equipped kitchen is available in all apartments.), books, and personal spending money. ACG recommends approximately € 3,000 ($3,200 US) for these expenses per semester.
For general questions about the program and application process, contact Margaret Anderson at email@example.com or stop by the CGEE office in the basement of Anderson Residential Hall, Suite 23.
For more detailed information about ACG courses, housing, etc. you may contact:
Assistant Director of North American Enrollment and Study Abroad
Director of North American Enrollment and Study Abroad
The American College of Greece
10 Liberty Square
Boston, MA 02109
Office: (857) 284-7908 x 224
Cell: (617) 935-5148
Once you have completed the Augsburg University approval process, Augsburg will nominate you as an exchange student. You will then need to complete the application process for ACG:
- Start with Apply On-line
- Select: US & International Undergraduate Student Application
Paid Internships at ACG
Paid Internships at ACG
There are a limited number of on campus internships available to students. Compensation is a discount on your housing or study abroad comprehensive fee. Applications will be accepted through the first week of classes.
Internship positions are available (limited space) in the following departments:
Office of Development & Alumni Relations
Office of Integrated Marketing and Communications
Office of Student Affairs
Office of Study Abroad and International Student Services
Visa Application Process
- Fee: $124
- Travel to Chicago
- Cost of background check: approximately $50
- Cost for photo: $15
Guide provided by ACG: http://web.augsburg.edu/global/APA/Exchange Docs/ACG Student Visa Guide.pdf
You will need to travel to the nearest Greek Consulate in Chicago to present your application.
Applying for a Student Visa in Greece
- Visa application (Typically the Type D- National Visa if you are there for 90+ day OR Schengen Visa if less than 90 days)
- Can be found on their website: http://www.mfa.gr/usa/en/visas.html?mission=chi
- Make sure you’re looking at the right tabs on the website for the correct visa
- Fee Appx. $214
- ICAO Standard Photo for the application (basically a passport photo)
- Valid Passport
- Medical Certificate (provided by ACG)
- Acceptance letter directly from Greece (ACG upon acceptance)
- FBI Background Check: these allow you to register on-line, then go to a local office and complete the process electronically
- Proof of Travel Insurance (WITH your name printed, along with everything that the insurance covers) CGEE will post this to your Global Gateway Account.
- W-2 (for the last two years to be safe)
- Bank Statements
- Minimum balance of $2,000 (For the semester, they average $500 per month for 4 months)
- If you don’t have a balance of $2,000, bring your parents’ bank statements to combine WITH a letter of affidavit (a signed document saying that they will be covering you financially while you’re away)
- Flight itinerary (if you haven’t purchase a ticket, bring a copy of what flight you think you’ll be buying)
- IMPORTANT: The Greek Embassy WILL keep your passport until they approve/reject your application!
- If you DON’T want to have to make a trip back to the embassy to pick it up, bring a prepaid UPS or FedEx envelope and give it to them to send back to you.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||01/09/2019||04/20/2019|
|Academic Year||2019-2020||03/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.