Haifa’s multi-faceted communities provide a unique backdrop to study international relations, psychology, Middle Eastern studies, and peace and conflict studies. The prestigious University of Haifa is CIEE’s partner school and your host for coursework in English, Arabic, or Hebrew on anthropology, cultural studies, international relations, literature, media, psychology, religious studies, and more. A specialized honors program in Peace and Conflict Studies and a unique Psychology Track combines focused coursework with practical research and internship opportunities.
All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
special honors programs in peace and conflict studies. Intern in one of the many NGOs and local organizations.
STUDY AT A LEADING UNIVERSITY
with cutting-edge research centers in a city known for ethnic and religious diversity.
START OR CONTINUE
learning Hebrew or Arabic.
Excursions & Activities
Attend special lectures that illuminate Israel’s role in the Middle East, and the complexity of Israeli society.
- Hike Carmel National Forest, Israel’s largest park, just steps from the University of Haifa campus.
- Explore urban neighborhoods where Jews, Christians, Muslims, Druze, and Baha’is are committed to living peacefully.
- Travel to Nazareth, Tel Aviv, Tiberias, and Akko and visit villages and historical sites across the country.
- Get into campus life by joining student clubs, attending concerts, and using sports facilities.
- Learn about Israel through a multitude of lenses such as farming, sporting activities, or volunteering.
Internships. Nothing beats on-the-job experience. Intern abroad and gain real-world work experience while earning credits toward your degree. Options include social work agencies, public and special education facilities, health services, museums, and community centers.
Volunteering. Help people in need by giving your time and energy to nonprofit organizations in Haifa and get a closer look at the issues Israeli society faces today.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Israeli culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall Semester||2021||03/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.