Location: Seoul, South Korea
A private university located in Seoul, South Korea. The history of Sejong University dates to 1940 when a trust established the Kyung Sung Humanities Institute. In 1978, the academy was named Sejong University in honor of Sejong the Great, the fourth king of the Chosun Dynasty and overseer of the Korean alphabet Hangeul.
Sejong University has nine colleges: College of Liberal Arts, College of Social Sciences, College of Business Administration, College of Hospitality and Tourism Management, College of Natural Sciences, College of Life Sciences, College of Electronics and Information Engineering, College of Engineering, and College of Arts and Physical Education, and has a Faculty of General Education and seven graduate schools.
Sejong University is known for its standing in hotel management, animation and rhythmic gymnastics. The College of Arts and Physical Education and the College of Hospitality and Tourism Management are top ranked in the country.
Sejong University’s wooded 118,262 m2 campus is located at 98 Gunja-dong, Gwangjin-gu, in eastern Seoul north of the Han River, the capital of South Korea. Located directly across from the Seoul Children’s Grand Park, the campus consists of 23 buildings, including the Sejong Private Elementary School building and the Student Center. The campus is a showcase of buildings built in Korean traditional styles.
The campus can be accessed by public transport by Metro subway and buses.
Introduction of Sejong University
Sejong University - 2015-1 Sejong Global Buddy
Sejong International Students Association
Sejong Global Buddies
Sejong University - Edelweiss
Sejong University - 2015-2 Sejong Global Buddy Campus Tour
Generally, exchange students are assigned to live in the International Student Dormitory because of the length of their stay. It is very difficult to find short term, furnished housing options in South Korea. Exchange students will be placed in the International Student Dormitory, depending on availability.
Housing and Accommodations
In the International Student Dormitory (the Gwang Gae To Building) on the 13th and 14th floor, students share a kitchen and a laundry room located on the same floor as their accommodation. Every student gets a bed, a desk, a dresser and some closet space. Items you will need to bring are linens, a pillow, bedspread, towels, clothes hangers, and seasonal clothing.
The dormitory fee (estimated to be approximately $850 for the semester) is waived for Augsburg students!. But please be aware that although the full cost of your housing will be waived, you will be responsible for paying a $200 deposit (which will be refunded if you leave your room in good order).
It is recommended that students have $1,700 - $2,400 available per semester for personal expenses (including food). In general, prices in Seoul are comparable to those in North America,
For general questions about the program and application process, contact Margaret Anderson at email@example.com or stop by the CGEE office in the basement of Anderson Residential Hall, Suite 23.
For more detailed information about Sejong courses, housing, etc. you may contact:
Joshuan (JeongHun) Han, Program Manager, Center for International Students and Scholars firstname.lastname@example.org
Otabek Juraev (Admissions), Associate coordinator, Center for International Students and Scholars email@example.com
How to Apply
Once you have completed the Augsburg University approval process, Augsburg will nominate you as an exchange student. You will then need to complete the application process for Sejong:
Undergraduate Admission Guide for International Students
Guideline to On-Line Application
A $50 application fee is required
Tentative Timeline for Exchange Students Application:
Fall Semester: May 12
Spring Semester: November 10
Student Visa (D-2)
- In order to study in South Korea, you will need a student visa (type: D-2), which must be obtained from the Korean Embassy or Consulate abroad.
- Sejong University will issue the Certificate of Admission, which is one of the required documents for visa application at the Korean Embassy or Consulate in your country. You will also need to present a valid passport, evidence of financial support and any other documents required by the embassy or consulate. (Please check with the Korean Embassy or Consulate in your country to determine what documents are required for D-2 visa application.)
IMPORTANT: Student must apply for a Student Visa in their home country.
- Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in South Korea, with at least one blank passport page available for South Korean visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for South Korea visas.
- Korea (South) Visa Application Form: One South Korean visa application form. After placing your order, fill out the application form included in your Visa Application Kit.
- Photo Requirements: One recent (taken within the last 6 months) 2 x 2 passport photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/light background. OR - you can upload a photo when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.
- Other Forms: Original sealed transcript from US college or university.
- Letter Of Acceptance: Original Certificate of Admission issued by the president of the Korean college or university.
- Proof of Travel Arrangements: Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency or copy of airline ticket, with the applicant’s name clearly showing with entry and departure from South Korea.
- Medical Requirements: An original Tuberculosis (TB) skin or blood test results issued by a doctor.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Evidence of sufficient funds to support stay in destination;
- Students on a one term program (3-4 months) must provide a recent bank statement with a minimum balance of $3,000.
- Students on a year-long program a recent bank statement with a minimum balance of $10,000.
Where to Apply for Your South Korean Visa
Travisa - Chicago
111 East Wacker Drive, Suite 512
Chicago, IL 60601
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2019||10/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.