The Students of Color Endowed Scholarship Fund was established out of the Donor's commitment to social justice. The purpose of the fund is to provide encouragement and financial assistance to a student who is involved in a Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE) program; and is affiliated with the Multicultural Student Services center at Augsburg, or affiliated with another Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) college, or affiliated with another college or university in Minnesota. The award is based upon financial need. The amount of any scholarship provided will depend on the applicant’s financial need and depends upon the resources available in the fund during any given year.
The award amount is typically between $300-$600. The amount of the scholarship provided will depend on the applicant’s financial need and the resources available to the Center for Global Education and Experience. Final decision regarding the awarding of funds rests with the Center for Global Education and Experience.
- Identify as a person of color.
- This is a financial need-based scholarship. Applicant should be able to document financial need, student status alone will not be considered sufficient documentation.
- Demonstrates a commitment to social justice.
- Must be enrolled at: Augsburg University, college or university in Minnesota, or another Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) college.
- Must be participating in a CGEE customized short-term program, semester program, or summer program
- Must be traveling on an Augsburg CGEE program to one of our permanent sites in Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Cuba, South Africa, Namibia, or any CGEE custom program with a strong social justice focus.
Dates & Deadlines:
- Apply by the scholarship deadline PRIOR to the start of your program.
- A letter of support needs to be submitted prior to the scholarship deadline for your application to be complete.
- Applicant will be expected to contribute a portion of the total cost of the trip.
- Scholarship winners will be required to submit a written summary of their experience abroad within 30 days of date of return, along with 3-5 photographs from the program. The summary and photographs will be used as content for our blog, social media channels, and/or other promotional materials.
- Augsburg University students will also be required to attend the Scholarship Brunch at the end of the school year.
We award this scholarship four times per year. You must apply at least two months BEFORE
your program begins. We recommend applying as soon as possible.
Changes Coming Soon!
- July 15th deadline, decisions are notified by August 1st.
We are very excited that CGEE scholarships are in transition during the summer of 2019. After July 15th, we will be able to offer group scholarships for our customized programs, completed by program administrators and organizers (not individual students). If your organization is offered a scholarship, it will reduce the cost of the program for every participant. Individuals seeking additional funding should check with their study abroad office for more scholarship opportunities available to them.
Augsburg students looking for funding for short-term programs will have more information on those scholarships in July and will have funding for particular programs. Information coming soon.
All students looking for funding for CGEE Semester/Summer programs will have access to updated scholarships for spring 2020 and beyond, information coming in July!