Ignite your love of learning, further your academic achievements, develop intercultural understanding, and acquire life skills essential for engaged citizenship. Discover Europe and meet the unexpected.
- Gender & Sexuality Studies
- Global Economics
- International Relations
- Medical Practice & Policy
- Public Health
Study alongside the urbanites of Stockholm, who balance life in a vibrant metropolis with the city’s beautiful and serene surroundings.
On any given day, find yourself in the midst of a bustling crowd of Stockholmers on their morning commute. Before you know it, you have wandered to the old city, and time escapes itself to an entirely different pace where buildings, cobblestones, and narrow streets take you back to Stockholm’s 13th century beginning.
Stockholm is effortless to explore. Comprised of fourteen islands, with a public transit system that travels across waterways, the city is well connected. While some corners of Stockholm are characteristically urban, others are natural landscapes – making your next cross-country ski adventure or kayaking afternoon all within easy reach.
While rich in history and culture, Sweden prides itself on progressive thinking, openness, diversity, and equality. As home to the Nobel Prize and a list of prestigious universities, institutions, and leading innovators, Stockholm offers the context of a capital led by forward-looking decision makers and scholars.
Special Note for Auggies:
DIS applications are processed on a rolling basis, and they often reach capacity before published deadlines. In addition, some core courses fill up faster than others. So in order to have a strong application and the best chance of being offered a place on their program, and taking the core course you want, we suggest the following:
1. Apply early!
2. Submit a high quality application with an outstanding personal essay that addresses all of the points requested
3. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements below, especially the 3.0 GPA
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at a four-year college or university in the United States or Canada, with at least three semesters completed at time of application
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Prerequisites for the core course(s) to which you are applying
- Academically compelling reason why DIS is a good fit for you
- Independence, self-reliance, and maturity necessary to obtain the benefits of studying abroad
- Enthusiasm for cultural engagement
- Willingness and ability to embrace the challenges of studying abroad
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall Semester||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring Semester||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.