Spend your summer honing your leadership skills at the European Study Center in Strasbourg, France!
This study abroad program is offered by the CEPA Foundation, a non-profit, family-run 501(c)3 organization.
This comprehensive semester program includes housing at the Chateau de Pourtales, an 18th Century French Chateau, courses and transcripts, group excursions to cultural sites and government and business institutions in France and Germany, daily breakfast and some group meals, a three-day visit to Zurich, Switzerland, AND MORE!
This summer, you will develop your leadership skills classes at both the European Study Center. This engaging and interactive study abroad program combines classroom instruction with high profile guest lectures, visits and excursions, as well as practical training elements in the area of goal finding, human rights, mediation, dispute resolution, social responsibility/peacebuilding, and intercultural negotiation skills to prepare students for their future careers goals to become leaders in a globalized world. Visit the website for course options and syllabi.
The Summer Leadership Program Fee includes:
- 6 US course credits (two 3-credit courses)
- Official transcripts and course registration
- Housing, excursions, daily breakfast, participation in European Study Center events
Housing and on-site Amenities:
During your summer program, you will reside at the Château de Pourtalès, an 18th Century French Chateau. The Chateau features many amenities including a french buffet-style breakfast served every morning, bikes available for student use, classrooms, lounges, a computer lab, wi-fi, a library, laundry facilities, and a student kitchen. There are recreational opportunities onsite, including tennis and volleyball courts, yoga classes, and a large park for exercise or relaxation (the Parc de Pourtalès).
- Dorm-style accommodation with shared rooms and bathrooms
- Coordinator and Chateau staff will provide personal support prior to, during, and after the program
- Wifi, computer lab, library, and free printing
- International calling using the on-site landline phone (no charge)
- 24/7 emergency assistance/staff on-call
- Welcome reception and group dinner at the start of the semester
- Delicious French breakfast buffet is included every day at the Château de Pourtalès
- Tarte flambeé group dinner
- Group dinner at a restaurant in Zurich
- Farewell group dinner at the end of the semester
- One group pick-up will be arranged for all students who arrive at Frankfurt International Airport on the official arrival day and time
- Public transportation pass for Strasbourg for the duration of the program
- All ground transfers for the official activities and excursions included in the program
- Participation in the Sustainable Leadership workshop at the University of Zurich
- Community volunteer and engagement opportunities at local organizations
- Yoga classes are offered once a week at the castle
- Professional development opportunities, visits to international businesses and intergovernmental organizations
- Visit the website to learn more about the features of this program!
- The program is open to undergraduate students from an accredited, higher education institution.
- All courses are offered in English, there is no foreign language requirement.
- All majors are welcome to apply. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
Scholarships are available from the CEPA Foundation to students who qualify.
Apply online and visit the program website: www.studyabroad-france.eu
Need help with your application? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2021||03/01/2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.