Welcome Home!We hope your semester abroad was a rewarding and enriching time for you. Reentering the U.S. after such an experience can be both difficult and exciting. We hope you are adjusting, and that you have some people around you who understand and support you, and who want to hear what it was really like.
We encourage you to be extra patient with your family and friends who have not shared your experience. It may not be easy for them to understand what you have experienced. Also, please be gentle with yourself as you try to integrate the experiences, learnings, and feelings of this past semester. It takes time.
Transcripts are sent electronically via Parchment Document Exchange (unless your school does not accept electronic transcripts).
If you have not done so already, you should go to Parchment Document Exchange and create an account. This is all you need to do. After grades have been reported Augsburg College will access your account have your grades sent to your home school. The first transcript will be sent free of charge.
Official transcripts will be sent out sometime after the end of the Augsburg semester (early May for spring, or mid-December for fall).
If there is still a balance on your account, your transcript cannot be released until that balance is cleared.
Questions about transcripts can be sent to Margaret Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoyed your program abroad, you may want to consider participating in a second program! Returnees receive a 10% discount on the cost of a second program.
Reading & Web ListHere are a few suggestions for readings that may assist you with the reentry process:
- Austin, Clyde N. Cross-Cultural Re-Entry: A Book of Readings. Abilene Christian University Press, 1986.
- Knell, Marion. Burn Up or Splash Down: Surviving the Culture Shock of Re-Entry. Authentic, 2007.
- Storti, Craig. The Art of Coming Home. Nicholas Brealey Publishing, 2001
- Check out the “Welcome Back! Now What?” module of the “What’s Up with Culture?” site – it helps students prepare for their reentry transition and reflect on their intercultural experiences and learning.
Share Your ExperienceYou can share your experience in multiple ways:
- Send your photos to us at email@example.com
- 'gram us @AugsburgCGEE
- Let's be social - use #AugsburgCGEE or #CGEE
- Share your travel blog with us. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your posts and blog URL.
- Become a CGEE Ambassador on your home campus! Details at the CGEE Ambassador Program Page.